The Hudson Valley refers to the valley of the Hudson River and its adjacent communities in the state of New York, generally from northern Westchester County northward to the cities of Albany and Troy. Historically a cradle of European settlement in the northeastern United States and a strategic battleground in colonial wars, it now consists of suburbs of the metropolitan area of New York City at its southern end, shading into rural territory, including "exurbs," farther north.
Geographically, the Hudson Valley could refer to all areas along the Hudson River, including Bergen County, New Jersey. However, this definition is not commonly used and the Tappan Zee Bridge is often considered the southern limit of the area. Though Westchester County is often classified as part of the region, Westchester residents who live at the southern end of the county (and especially the parts closer to the Long Island Sound than the Hudson River) generally do not associate themselves with the region. Including all of Westchester County in the definition of the region would seem unusual to many and seems like something one might only read in a travel guide. In fact, there is a road sign on the New York State Thruway in Yonkers that suggests that the "Hudson Valley region" is located somewhere farther to the north and west along the Thruway.
Hudson Valley Sees an Increase in Employment
The sources show a brighter future for the Hudson valley where employment tends to increase rapidly for a total of 1.2 million-labor force. Statistics show that Hudson valley had 1.4 percent growth in employment in the second quarter of the year 2013, which was 1.3 percent the previous year. The number of employee officers also increases by 0.4 percent. With the overall employment situation improving, the counties are no exception; Westchester has an employment growth rate of 1.8 percent, whereas Rockland moves to 2.2 percent. On the other hand, IBM employees doubt their job security when IBM Corporation sends a large number of employees back to home.
You can continue the job search or place a helpwanted Ad at Houston.Localhelpwanted.net 24/7. Until next week . . .